BUY NO CHINESE JUNK for CHRISTMAS... Inflation Got You Down? Simply STOP Consuming... Buying Low Price Bad Quality Merchandise DOES NOT CAUSE HAPPINESS! Just Frustration When It Breaks Down...


Remember: Buying Used Stuff at a Thrift Store Does NOT Cause Ecological Damage Like Buying NEW Stuff Made In China... and It Finances the Local Rescue Mission... a Place for Homeless People... and It Employs Homeless People... That's a WIN-WIN Situation!



Get More or Want Less
Remember: There are Two Ways to Get Everything You Want.
Get More or Want Less.

Headline: Cargo ships anchored near Los Angeles and New York ports face a 4-week delay to dock, raising further fears over the global supply chain... https://news.yahoo.com/cargo-ships-anchored-near-los-113422286.html


Dozens of cargo ships stuck waiting off New York's coast amid port staff shortages and surging demand for goods... and Oakland, Long Beach California...

https://www.businessinsider.com/cargo-ships-stuck-coast-new-york-shipping-delays-labor-shortage-2021-9

If You MUST CONSUME...

Ornaments Made in the USA

Here is a LINK to All My Artwork
Painted on Two Sided Ornaments:
https://www.zazzle.com/store/gregvan/products?qs=ornament&dp=252980704774124324
Actually Created in RENO, Nevada.
All my Royalties Donated to Charity.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/cxfg3f-1000


~~~~~~ (~);-} ~~~~~~

On the Other Hand...

Buying Used Stuff at Thrift Stores DOES NOT CAUSE ECOLOGICAL DAMAGE Like Buying New Stuff Does. When You Buy a New Product, the Corporation Has to Replace It.

They Mine Raw Materials, grow plants (like cotton) using pesticides and herbicides, Log Forests, Employ Slave Laborers in the Orient, Burn Gasoline Shipping the Plastic Crap Here From China... and on and on and on... Used Products ALREADY EXIST and so Buying Stuff at The Eureka Rescue Mission Thrift Shop (my local store) does NOT Harm the Planet. Actually, They Hire Local People to Work as Clerks and Do Delivery. We Bought ALL our Living Room Furniture there. Three Chairs and a Sofa... and Men Delivered It Upstairs in Our Home. NO WAY could I Move those Heavy Objects Up That Staircase... I Tipped those Guys $10 Each... and they were really Thankful. Yes, I Could Have Spent a Fortune at Sears or KMART but... I Prefer to Keep The Money IN MY WALLET. I Like Employing Guys That Live At The Rescue Mission. The Mission Does Good Work Here in Eureka and I've Met a LOT of Real People That They Help. I did buy new Beds at Sears. Somehow, those were just too Personal to Buy Used... also, I Do Not Buy Used Underwear... BUT, Clothes? YES! It's actually fun to find thrift stores in Super Rich Neighborhoods and Live Like the TV Show "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous..." A Great Place to Shop is North Shore Lake Tahoe... Snow Bunnies often Donate Extra Stuff When the Season is Over... and There is Also DUMPSTER DIVING in College Towns at the End of the School Year... FREE STUFF! 

Oddly, I Expressed These Opinions during a Group Discussion at an Ecology Class at Humboldt State University and ALL THE OTHER STUDENTS SAID I WAS WRONG... They said that Used Stuff Still Requires Ecological Damage to Exist at All... I tried to explain that the Manufacturing Damage Happened IN THE PAST and it is impossible to Change History but Buying New Stuff CAUSES Purchasing Agents at Corporations to Hire People to Create New Stuff IN THE FUTURE to Fill the Shelves At The Store. No One Grasped the Concept. But I Did Make The Other Students Think. and That's a Good Thing. It's a difficult concept... I Wish I Could Explain it in a Shorter Sentence... Maybe YOU can Re-Write the Concept Better and Post it in the Comments Section... Thanks!

Remember: There are Two Ways to Get Everything You Want. Get More or Want Less. and... You Can Get More Stuff Per Dollar At The Eureka Rescue Mission Thrift Shop... or Your Own Store... Did You Know that There is a Fashion "Thing" where Corporations PRE-RIP Clothes? Intentionally Making Them LOOK USED! Really! They Hire People to Rub Jeans over Rough Surfaces to SIMULATE Wear and Tear of Normal Use... I'm Not Making This UP! All the Pathetic Dupes are Wearing Clothes Like That! On My Own Webstore... I Offer Hats that have been "Distressed" to look like they are Old... It's an Option... I wish I could write a Mocking Slogan Poking Fun at this Fashion Trend... Then I Could Sell a Hat with That Saying... Sort of like the Question: "Can You Imagine a World Without Hypothetical Situations?" or The Page that says: "This Page Is Left Blank Intentionally." A Cosmic Haiku Slogan... I do sell a Hat that says "PRESS" so people can wear it at Protest Marches and Avoid Being Bashed on the Head By The Police... I Do Not Really Know if It REALLY Helps Avoid Police Violence... I Do Know That People Made T-Shirts Saying "Backstage Pass - Shoreline Ampetheater - Bill Graham Productions" and Used them to sneak past Security Guards... I admire the Guy that Made a Sign that Says "This is a Sign." Was That Absurdist Theater or End Times Warning?

~~~~~~ (~);-} ~~~~~~

“I saw a post the other day by a lady who said she always grabs vintage casserole dishes when she sees them at thrift stores or yard sales and uses them when she brings a meal to someone! She said often they are cheaper than disposable ones and the family can either keep for themselves or pass on to someone else who needs a meal in the future! So in the spirit of reduce, reuse, renew & recycle... I thought this was a neat idea worth sharing!”
casserole dish



"Life is More Complex than a Slogan on a Hat." FOR SALE!


You may Read More Blog Posts by Clicking on The Handy LABELS Below...


Popular Posts