tRUMP's Coronavirus is Helping With the Problem of Overpopulation! Now The Vast Majority of Deaths are in People That DID NOT GET THE VACCINE... SEE? Behaving Stupid Can Be Fatal!

and there were a Half a Million Americans That Died from Drug Overdoses... and Really, If you are so Stupid as to Die from a Drug Overdose... We Are All Better Off That You've Gone... Thanks!

~~~~~~ (~);-} ~~~~~~

Let's Make Birth Control and Abortion Free and Legal Worldwide... The Troubles of OVERPOPULATION are More than Just Too Many People Living in the Bay Area... It's Too Many People EVERYWHERE! Ever notice that there are Thousands of People walking from Central America to Texas looking for a Better Life? That because they Can't FEED THEIR CHILDREN in Central America or Mexico... The Catholic Church is Opposed to Birth Control and so there are Millions of Starving Children... I've Actually Traveled to Mexico and The Starving Children Really Upset Me... SO... I Never Traveled there Again... 

~~~~~~ (~);-} ~~~~~~

Not Surprisingly My Catholic Friend Disagrees...  

MD Said: There is no problem with over population. In fact the opposite is true. Europe has a declining birth rate except for Muslims. The US also almost has a declining birth rate except for Hispanics. In fact the problem is the replacement rate is not sufficient to support the social welfare nets for Seniors. Overpopulation is a myth.

and I Replied:
So You Say... In Fact, Traffic Jams are Directly Caused by Overpopulation... So are High Rent and High Food Prices... Too Many People Competing for Limited Resources... and Climate Change is Caused By Too Many People Polluting the Air... Back when we had a Billion People, You Could Heat your House with Coal, Wood or Cow Dung... NOW, That Behavior Causes Global Warming... Whatever... YOUR Children and Grandchildren Can Share the Misery... Free Advice! Move to the Coast of Oregon... Cool, Rainy and No Problems of The City. 

and Don't Forget The Mormons... They are Reproducing TOO... Senator Mike Lee's Rebuttal of Green New Deal... the “real solution to climate change” is to have more children... He Displays a Painting Of Ronald Reagan Riding a Dinosaur while Firing a Machine Gun... His Hope is that Children are Smarter Than their Parents and They will Figure out a solution... Really! https://gvan42.blogspot.com/2019/04/senator-mike-lees-rebuttal-of-green-new.html

MD Said: that’s called capitalism. The whole point of capitalism is to create demand has nothing to do with overpopulation. High rent and high prices are again caused by demand and inflation, and they have nothing to do with overpopulation. We have enough food to feed the world many times over, but it’s because of poverty and corruption in political governments and lack of education not overpopulation.

Companies create demand by limiting their products thus increasing their prices for their products. Harley Davidson is famous for this. We do not have limited resources nor do we have overpopulation.

Climate change has nothing to do with overpopulation.


I Replied: A small number of People Polluting the Air is Not Significant. a Large Number of People Polluting the Air is a Problem... Biology/Thomas Malthus. Just Like The Quantity of a Herd of Deer will be Limited by Starvation in the Winter... He published the Principle of Population where he made the observations that the human race would be likely to overproduce if the population size was not kept under control.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Robert_Malthus


and then SE Said: One thing that drives me crazy about the "we need more housing" people is the fact that they never, EVER address the issue of water. Santa Clara Valley is in a severe drought right now, yet we have around 2 million residents currently, and we will have thousands if not millions more residents when all of the neverending high-density apartments are finished and occupied. If the current 2 million residents are being asked to conserve water, where do they plan to get enough additional water for the million or so more people who will eventually move here? This is the point where someone usually comes along and says, "But apartment dwellers don't use nearly as much water as people who live in houses," and "The biggest use of water is a lawn. People living in apartments don't have lawns." Okay, fine. But we're talking THOUSANDS, maybe even MILLIONS of people in addition to the 2 million who are already here. The fact that they don't have a lawn doesn't change the fact that there will be so MANY people using a limited amount of water. Even 2 million additional people taking a daily shower will use a ton more water than whatever is currently being used! And not everyone is conscientious about trying to conserve water by taking shorter showers or turning off the faucet while they brush their teeth or whatever. Some people are wasteful by nature, and some are jerks who feel entitled to use as much water as they want. I knew a guy a few years ago who used to turn on his shower and let it run for TEN MINUTES before getting in. I have no idea why anyone would do such a thing, but in his case, I think he was trying to rile me up because he knew I cared about the water supply and the environment. I never said a word because I don't like confrontation and I don't like to argue, and I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of knowing that his blatant waste of water was upsetting me, so I never once said a word about it. But my point is, there are people like that who feel entitled to waste water. When you're talking about hundreds of thousands, or maybe even millions, of additional residents, it really doesn't matter if they live in a house with a lawn or whether they live in an apartment building. And sure, you can encourage people to take shorter showers or to shut off the faucet while they brush their teeth, but there is no way to monitor millions of apartment dwellers to make sure they actually ARE doing those things. And even if each and every one of them DOES take extra steps to try and conserve water, the sheer number of additional people WILL put a drain on the already-stressed water supply. Why don't the "we need more housing" people ever talk about this? 
We DON'T need more housing. We need fewer people. The only way we're ever going to be able to have a decent quality of life again is if we STOP making it so easy for more and more people to move here.

VK Replied: My dad is one of those "people need more housing" folks but I guess I sort of understand because that's how he earns a living. He got some land development deal in Cupertino where he might be earning some $200k commission from. In all honestly I'm kind of bad about letting the water run while brushing my teeth, mostly because I'm always rinsing my mouth out and don't brush that long. It's terrible and Pat actually is the one who reminds me to shut it off. As far as the shower, I usually have to let it run for a minute or two because it takes a while to heat up, but 10 minutes is kind of ridiculous.

SE Replied: The water in my kitchen takes a long time to run COLD, if you can believe it. I need it to get cold before I can run it through my Brita filter, so sometimes I have to let it run for a minute or 2 before it gets cold. I always feel terrible about that, though, because I know it's a waste of water.

MM Said: We need to invest in better technology in agriculture here in CA—ones that conserve water and use it in a more efficient manner. Look at the pie chart. Most of the water is consumed by agriculture.
And the water use is different for the regions here. Our area really doesn’t use as much water as other regions. But yes there is a drought but are we the only ones that should be encouraged to use less water? How about asking agriculture to invest in more efficient ways of utilizing their part of the pie chart? Government incentives for them to do so?
I drove down HWY 5 a few years ago and noticed that many of the orchards there were abandoned, the owners couldn’t afford their water supply—profit margins dwindled and they had to pack it in. This of course affected our economy as well.
We need better water management, better tech to conserve water in agriculture by making the irrigation process more efficient and less wasteful. Education and technology can help farmers manage their crops better too—cooperating with folks who own cattle to rotate fields and provide time for one section to be pasture and naturally fertilized with manure while others actively grow crops. The State and County Fairs need to provide free seminars paid for by our State government towards these aims.
Anyways, my two cents.
California Water Use Chart

California Water Use Chart - map


MM Said: And it’s a major hill to climb, considering most farmers are quite set in their ways—they don’t like being told what to do with their crops or farms. But they use most of the water and are not considered in this push to conserve water. They are overlooked. So it unfairly falls on the urban areas to take up the slack?! We don’t use as much water as they do!

SE SAID: But it pisses me off about the "we need more housing" crap. We wouldn't have a water shortage if there weren't so many people needing the limited amount of water that we have. This is not the time to encourage more people to move here.

VK SAID: Yeah, I agree. I was actually just saying that the bay area is one of the places I'd never move back to. We moved here because the cost of living was cheaper, but it's gone up a lot and I feel like at this point we could move to SoCal and pay around the same. This isn't my dream place to live, I'd love to be close to the beach and have consistent weather that isn't too cold during the winter. Maybe after we build up some equity in the house and have more income we can make it happen.

 SE SAID:  Yeah, I feel so stuck here in San Jose, but I don't know how I'll ever get out. I'm from this area, and my whole family is here, and I've lived here most of my life, so it's 'home.' And of course, if I move away, first I'd have to save up enough to get myself set up in another city where I don't have any family nearby...but how can I ever save when it's almost impossible to find permanent employment anymore? Contract work means you end up going long stretches of time in between jobs, and that makes it impossible to save money. I get really depressed sometimes when I think about it because I don't really see any way out. It's like being on a merry-go-round or something.

VK SAID:  Yeah, I totally feel that. I'm fortunate that I could keep my current job and work out of the Irvine office if I wanted to, but I don't know if I'll still be at this job at that point in time. I'm hoping to eventually be 100% freelance, but we'll have to see. Pat said he could always do UberEats full time until he found something, he's been having better luck with that vs rideshare. I was just lamenting recently how we wished we could have moved away sooner, but like you said it's really hard if you don't have a job lined up. The only way we were able to move here is because we had somewhere we could stay and Pat was able to transfer his job while I was on unemployment. It was pretty rough for a while. Moving out of state would be even harder, especially if you're buying a house because like my current loan is restricted to CA only and you have to have 2 consecutive years in the same employment industry, or buying a house outright in another state would be dicey for us because we'd both need new jobs. If I was 100% freelance, I'd need at least 2 years worth of that income as well.

VK Said: The water at my dad's house takes FOR-EVER to heat up so it can easily be 10 minutes of letting the water run. I heard it's because he has the water heater turned turned way low and he thinks he might be saving money that way, but in reality he's wasting a lot of water that way and as a homeowner, you do pay more for water/garbage in a house, so it doesn't make sense.

CB Replied:  My MIL puts a pitcher under her faucet to catch the cold water while it’s heating up before she showers/hand washes dishes or whatever and then waters plants with it. You could suggest/try that if you need to let it run for a bit to heat up.

and then I Said: Let's Make Birth Control Free and Legal Worldwide... The Troubles of OVERPOPULATION are More than Just Too Many People Living in the Bay Area... It's Too Many People EVERYWHERE! Ever notice that there are Thousands of People walking from Central America to Texas looking for a better Life? That because they Can't FEED THEIR CHILDREN in Central America or Mexico... The Catholic Church is Opposed to Birth Control and so there are Millions of Starving Children... and... Abortion Should be Free and Legal Worldwide...

Popular Posts