Too Many People:
8 Billion People Now...
9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 20, 30 Billion Soon?
or will Famine keep the Population Low...
Free Reason for Europe:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1043414505752873/user/61587057712304
The entire pension system needs to be reconsidered and fundamentally changed.
The current system is not sustainable because it relies on continuous population growth on a planet with finite surface area and finite resources.
Quite simply, we cannot keep reproducing indefinitely.
And educated people have understood this. They have as many children as they can responsibly raise, depending on the material and emotional resources available to them.
Translated into plain English: I am not having a(nother) child because I cannot afford, financially, to provide everything a child needs while growing up, over the long term (at least 18 years); or I am not having a child because I do not have the emotional capacity to sacrifice at least two decades of my life, giving up my own dreams and aspirations and putting my child’s priorities ahead of my own.
The level of education and civilization in the world is inversely proportional to the number of children per family. I would also include religion under the category of lack of education.
In poor countries in Africa, the Middle East, and Asia, populations are growing at an alarming rate, also due to a lack of education and limited access to contraception.
But access to contraception is useless if education is lacking... just look at certain social groups (or “ethnic groups”) in developed countries that have access to contraception and still keep having children endlessly.
So, the problem is not that the population is declining overall, but that the educated and civilized population is declining, while the population that generates social problems is growing uncontrollably - and, surprise, it does not even contribute to the pension system.
That is precisely why I say that the entire paradigm underlying the current pension system (and the social welfare system) is unsustainable, and that we need to find a different solution rather than encouraging the population to keep reproducing indefinitely.
