On FaceBorg SE Said:
I'm absolutely mindblown by this, even though I understand that Texas is already a place with a lot of anti-vaxxers. It still blows my mind to actually see a physical document where people can actually choose not to have their kid vaccinated before they can attend school. Texas is having a measles outbreak right now because of people refusing to vaccinate their kids. Why do they want their kids to be at risk of getting illnesses which have mostly been eradicated? It just doesn't make sense!
This wasn't about the Covid vaccine at all, it listed things like measles, polio, mumps, tetanus, diptheria, pertussis, and hepatitis. People actually want their kids to NOT be protected against those things.
I was a kid in the 70s and a teenager in the 80s. When I was growing up, I never knew anyone who had the measles. Polio was something our parents talked about because people in their generation got sick and died from it, but my generation didn't even have to think about polio because we got vaccinated for it, so it was pretty much non-existent in my generation. I'm so grateful I got to grow up in THAT world and not the world my parents grew up in. People in my parents' generation had to suffer through measles, mumps, pertussis, and polio. Many people died. But my generation didn't even have to THINK about those diseases because we had vaccines to protect us.
Why do people want to go back to a world where people have to suffer through those diseases instead of the world I grew up in, where those diseases didn't even exist? Why would anyone choose a world with horrible diseases instead of a world without them? Make it make sense! I know it's only going to keep getting worse, but I truly want to understand what motivates these people to want to put themselves and their kids at risk of illnesses which they don't have to be at risk for!




















