Tales of My Participation in the Sierra Club's Work Crew - Camping Trip. Two Months in the Sierra Nevada picking up trash in 1970...

My Parents Suggested that I Work for The Sierra Club during the Summer of my Sophomore Year in High School. Fortunately, The Sierra Club got Funding from the Federal Government to Clean up Trails near a Popular Dirt Bike area... and Those Dirt Bike People were Horribly Destructive of the Forest... Garbage Everywhere... I Guess they HAD NO CLUE about Ecology... 



We Got a Giant Dumpster and a Sign Explaining Who and What the "Action Clean Up" was and we Got to Work... We Were VERY LAZY... We were Volunteers... However, We DID Burn as Much Trash as we could find and then Backpacked the Remaining Burnt Garbage OUT... Years Later I Found Out That The Program Became MUCH more Organized and Serious and THE CAMPERS PAID THE SIERRA CLUB TO GO... 

I saw a Bear sleeping on a Jeep's hood at night... when I walked near the Bear jumped up and ran away... This happened in the Little Kern River Basin Near Bakersfield, California... That was the Big Thrill of the Summer... 

(~);-} and now for something completely different {-;(~)

I went to a Masonic Promotion Ceremony for My Boss. His name was Glenn MacLellan and he was the owner of the San Jose Art, Paint and Wallpaper Store. I worked there unloading trucks and putting merchandise on the shelves in the store. The ceremony was "Really Goofy" in my humble Opinion... Grown men wearing aprons and chanting in a candle lit room... Just Like George Washington Did... 

(~);-} and now for something completely different {-;(~)

My Cousin Gary Lea is a Mason also... They have a little village of wooden homes in the Santa Cruz Mountains on the San Lorenzo River. We went there when I was a child to someone's birthday party. The river enters the Pacific Ocean at The Boardwalk on Main Beach... Gary used hypnosis to quit smoking tobacco. He had a visual Mantra that he would remember whenever he wanted to smoke. It was the O'Neil's Surf Shop Logo... I used this trick myself... why not? Gary figured out how to quit and I can simply use his technique... 




Read More of my Autobiography at :
https://gvan42.blogspot.com/2018/03/growing-up-in-los-gatos-california-in.html


Popular Posts

Top Eleven Posts! Links to My Best at gvan42 Blog

*The Violet Overgrow - An Eco-Warrior's Journey by Gregory Vanderlaan - FICTION
*Trump Confesses to Adultery! "Hey, Moses Was JUST JOKING When He Wrote those Ten Commandments...
*Generate Electricity and Clean Drinking Water AT THE SAME TIME. A Solar Powered Desalinization Plant Would Convert Seawater into Energy, Pure H2O and NaCl.
*Free Coloring Book Art by gvan42 - UFO and Alien Hieroglyphics
*Tree Sitters Protest Lignite Coal Mine in Hambach Forest, Germany
*The Passage of Roe v Wade Led to Fewer Unwanted Babies Being Born... and 20 Years Later, Less Violent Crime... Because Unwanted Babies Grow Up to Become Violent Criminals...
*FREE COLORING BOOK: Print The Drawings and Color Using Felt Pens, Pencils or Potatoshop... American Indian
*HEADLINE: Deadline for "Real ID" for Air Travel Postponed AGAIN Until May 7, 2025... WONDERFUL!
*My Music Video: FREE ALL THE CANNABIS PRISONERS - A Mockery of Nancy Ray Gun... Jest Say KNOW 
*Bubble UP! Economics. Raise the Minimum Wage, Social Security and LOWER Taxes on 99% of Americans. Actually Collect Taxes on the Top 1%... We The People Will Spend that Extra Money in Our Paychecks and it will BUBBLE UP! Throughout The Entire Economy...
*How to Escape the Cult of Trump: Deprogramming by Family Members of the MAGA MORON is Essential... If Someone you Know has been Brainwashed... RESCUE THEM!

49er Rose - gvan42
Free Coloring Book Art by gvan42 - UFO and Alien Hieroglyphics