Arcata Plaza GIF - Driving Around and Around and Around and Around Downtown Arcata, California... and then we go around again!



I'm a big fan of JEOPARDY!
"What are Pixels?" is the WRONG Question about Roy Lichtenstein's Artwork. The Correct Question is actually "What are Ben Day Dot Patterns?" 

Pixels had not been invented when Roy was Painting in the 1960s... 

This is the only time the Show JEOPARDY was WRONG! That I've Noticed... 

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Lichtenstein "His first work to feature the large-scale use of hard-edged figures and Ben-Day dots was Look Mickey (1961, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.).[20]"


~~~~~~ (~);-} ~~~~~~
And Some Guy on FaceBorg Said:
Hey everyone. Figured I could get a chance to talk to any hippies from "back in the day" here. This has been bugging me for years, but I wasn't there, so I don't know. How did we lose the culture? I mean seriously. Directly following the "Summer Of Love" we had Nixon, and then the Reagan 80s, the Clinton 90s, and today. What happened? I'm sorry, but the hippies were right. How did we become a footnote in history, rather than the societal change that was hoped for?

And I Replied: Well... In 1976, I got married to a Woman that didn't smoke marijuana or eat psychedelics... But She was Great at Sex... and I Got a Wonderful Job as a Draftsman in a Computer Factory... and about then I started TO HAVE DOUBTS about my Hippie Beliefs... Since the Quality of My Life was Much Better! After Five Years We Got Divorced and I REGAINED My Hippie Beliefs... Got a Guitar and a Synthesizer - Joined a Band - Started to Go to a Lot of Anti-War Protest Marches in Downtown Washington DC... Changed my Job from Working for the Air Force to Working for the Postal Service... NO LONGER Was I Designing WEAPONS... anyway... I bet a LOT of Hippies Tried The YUPPIE WAY for a few years... But Eventually It Just Didn't Work... 

and Some Other Guy Said: The masses weren't ready for the beauty that hippiedom was bringing. Even John Lennons Imagine didn't pan out. At least those of us that understand continue to live and love. The old saying is "be the change you would like to see." I will continue to do that.

Popular Posts

Top Eleven Posts! Links to My Best at gvan42 Blog

*The Violet Overgrow - An Eco-Warrior's Journey by Gregory Vanderlaan - FICTION
*Trump Confesses to Adultery! "Hey, Moses Was JUST JOKING When He Wrote those Ten Commandments...
*Generate Electricity and Clean Drinking Water AT THE SAME TIME. A Solar Powered Desalinization Plant Would Convert Seawater into Energy, Pure H2O and NaCl.
*Free Coloring Book Art by gvan42 - UFO and Alien Hieroglyphics
*Tree Sitters Protest Lignite Coal Mine in Hambach Forest, Germany
*The Passage of Roe v Wade Led to Fewer Unwanted Babies Being Born... and 20 Years Later, Less Violent Crime... Because Unwanted Babies Grow Up to Become Violent Criminals...
*FREE COLORING BOOK: Print The Drawings and Color Using Felt Pens, Pencils or Potatoshop... American Indian
*HEADLINE: Deadline for "Real ID" for Air Travel Postponed AGAIN Until May 7, 2025... WONDERFUL!
*My Music Video: FREE ALL THE CANNABIS PRISONERS - A Mockery of Nancy Ray Gun... Jest Say KNOW 
*Bubble UP! Economics. Raise the Minimum Wage, Social Security and LOWER Taxes on 99% of Americans. Actually Collect Taxes on the Top 1%... We The People Will Spend that Extra Money in Our Paychecks and it will BUBBLE UP! Throughout The Entire Economy...
*How to Escape the Cult of Trump: Deprogramming by Family Members of the MAGA MORON is Essential... If Someone you Know has been Brainwashed... RESCUE THEM!

49er Rose - gvan42
Free Coloring Book Art by gvan42 - UFO and Alien Hieroglyphics