I was Raised an Atheist. My Grandfather was a Minister but during the 1930s he had a Crisis of Faith and Concluded that God Did Not Exist. No One was Putting any money in the Collection Plate. So, in order to feed his Family he Quit and Became a Math Teacher.

My Dad was Enthusiastic about Atheism. His Entire Life... I Was Not Real Excited one way or another. However, When I Took LSD I Had a Religious Experience. I Experienced True Enlightenment... For a Few Hours. That Experience made Traditional Religion Seem BOGUS... 

Moses Talking to A Burning Bush that Explained All the Secrets of Life? Been there, Done That, Got the Tie-Dye T-Shirt...

Flower of Life - Double Rainbow at the Lake - gvan42



Portrait of God by gvan42
Portrait of God by gvan42

And then My Facebook Friends Commented...

PD: True enlightenment on LSD? OK

Gregory Laan Yes, That's What it Does... For a few Hours... and It DID Awaken an Interest in Attaining True Enlightenment Permanently...

MB: Beware! Drugs and Alcohol can bring forth the subconscious mind ,which is the dark side of man.

Gregory Laan Somehow, I Have Noticed that Corporate Greed Freaks are Generally People That Have NOT Had The LSD Experience...

TL:  Dr Andrew Weill wrote a book on the subconscious mind. called 'the Marriage of the Sun and the Moon' wherein he writes about his efforts, by way of experiencing varous methods of reaching and 'altered state', as practiced by indigenous people in South and Central America. The social and communal methods of what we might call 'getting high' were used to bring about social harmony in different cultures, and were part of their religion too. Dr Weill went to those places, experienced the affects of the local 'altered states' with the goal to achieve a subconscious awareness whenever you wanted to, in order to reach those parts of the mind that drive the creative side (dream like) part of the brain for the benefits of thinking, outside the box, so to speak. I can only say this is my interpretation of his efforts. Judge for yourself. Buy the book. Also research all you can on Dr Joseph Campbell, who was also interviewed by Bill Moyers and I believe available on Youtube. Learn about he development/evolvement of the human mindset from early man until present.

Gregory Laan I Ate Peyote and Mescalita Taught Me MY SONG and then We Sang it for the Whole Tribe. At The Rainbow Gathering in 1987 in Pennsylvania... Glad I Did That!

~~~~~~ (~);-} ~~~~~~


So Many Different Gods... and So Many Believers Loudly Proclaim that THEIR God is the One True God. That's Absurd! I, like 100% of the people on Earth HAVE NO CLUE if God is real or not.

Some people state that they know... but they are just deluding themselves... I don't mind them deluding themselves, but if they Kill people that are of different Religions... They are Crazy and Dangerous.  

Welcome to The Clergy Project https://clergyproject.org/

Are you a religious professional who no longer believes in the supernatural? Have you remained in vocational ministry, secretly hiding away your non-belief? Are you struggling over where to go from here with your life and career?

~~~~~~ (~);-} ~~~~~~

So far no response to my doing AA Step Eleven... I did my part but God did nothing... Deep Sigh... Silly me, I expected to receive knowledge... or Hints... or Clues... But I got Nothing...

Step Eleven: "Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out."

If I read this step carefully I see that there is action required on my part [I pray for Knowledge] but nowhere in this step is there any action required on Gods part [No hint as to what his will for us is...] and I have been listening...

Silly me, I expected to receive knowledge... or Hints... or Clues... But I got Nothing...




I assume that the reason for a total lack of answers is that God does not exist. OR... maybe God does exist but always remains silent.  Either way, I am given total freedom of choice when it comes to my own behavior. God never takes any action no matter what I do or believe...  Whoo-hoo! I am free. So I choose to keep on doing what I was doing before... No new Ideas have wandered into my mind since I started practicing Step Eleven actively.

This makes me wonder why many different cultures invented the concept of God or Gods.
Indians in India have over a thousand different Gods... I guess that it is comforting to believe in a power greater than yourself... I really like the Aztec Gods... They have some really psychedelic paintings of what they look like. The main one is a feathered serpent that came down from the stars. It sounds like an Alien on a spaceship... They really liked building Pyramids. I wonder what the
goal was... In both Egypt and Mexico people built pyramids and yet, there is no clear use...


So, while I wait for God to do something, I'll continue to go to meetings and write blog posts... God, if you are reading this... wake up!

I read a book called "Journey to Awakening" by Ram Dass which gives simple instructions on How To Meditate but following his instructions revealed nothing. Oh well...

I suppose that the real reason that I'm having no progress on step eleven is that I should do the steps in NUMERICAL ORDER. I never really finished step one. That step requires that I believe that a higher power can restore myself to sanity. Nope, no higher power exists and so this imaginary higher power cannot do anything.

I do believe that the AA organization and having meetings does help me quit drinking. The power of peer pressure is valid. I chose to associate with other people that voluntarily select to not drink. We have meetings and tell each other that our lives are better without booze. This is a valid technique for me.

Bill Wilson created the Idea of AA during a 5 day long belladonna and henbane "cure". Both of those drugs are powerful hallucinogens. During his experience he saw a white light and met God personally. While I have never eaten belladonna or henbane I have eaten LSD and that does give the illusion of direct contact with God. Mr. Wilson's idea of forming a club where fellow alcoholics can meet and talk to each other is a great idea.  After AA was running for about 30 years Bill Wilson tried LSD. He was very enthusiastic about it initially as it would allow other members to have a religious experience. However he decided to not make any changes at all to the structure of AA. His belief was that the organization was working well and any change could make it stop functioning. Especially having millions of members taking the powerful hallucinogenic drug LSD.

Inca Sun God - drawing by gvan42
Inca Sun God - drawing by gvan42


and Then After Listening to The Saturday Night Alive for the Global Peace Tribe Show...

I Had a Dream: 

We were walking towards the Entrance of the Los Gatos Library and there was a Thin Old Man dressed in a Small Bathing Suit ahead of Us. He pulled on the entrance to the Children's room and It was Locked... Disappointed, he turned around and I asked: "Are You Looking for the Man Who Works There?" He Said: "NO" and I Motioned towards the Main Entrance. We all Entered. He seemed lost so I asked: "Do you Need Help?" as I would ask any Lost Old Man... He Said: "NO" and then I asked again: "Can I Help You?" He said: "No. I'm Fine." and then we went on Our Own Ways. By That time it was Obvious to Me That he was Ram Dass and That it was a Rather "Heavy" encounter to Ask Ram Dass If I Could Help Him... a Meaningful Event... and I was Shaking... So we went downstairs and I went searching for a Book that I Has Started reading before (about Philosophy) - and on the same shelf was a large picture book of the Grateful Dead's Fare Ye Well Tour with four CDs (that were missing) and My friend asked me why I would want to check out that book and I said: "Too Look for Pictures of Myself." and then I woke up and Typed this Document... It's Best to Type it Up before I forget it... For Certain, I would have tried to help any Lost Old Man but It seems Important that I Offered Ram Dass Help in my dream. That's One Of His Main Teachings...

Visual Mantra - Just Looking at this will cause inner peace - Psychedelic Art by gvan42
Pentagon or Pentagram? Visual Mantra -
Just Looking at this will cause inner peace -
Psychedelic Art by gvan42

Green Eight way Mandala - Like a Stop Sign but... The Exact Opposite... Like a "GO" Sign Instead - art by gvan42
Green Eight way Mandala - Like a Stop Sign but...
The Exact Opposite... Like a "GO" Sign Instead -
art by gvan42


You May Read More Blog Posts by Clicking 

On The HANDY LABELS Below!


Popular Posts